St. George Ironman

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Swimming and Coasting

Ok so I finally got back to the gym this morning and did another 1 mile swim. My time is still the same at 32 minutes but I didn't feel as exhausted when I was finished. The past few days have been pretty busy with work over the weekend, running errands and planning family home evening Monday with the whole family over, and then helping Kristal yesterday with some girls camp stuff. I taught the young women about knots so they could get certified for camp. It's been a fun few days but not much training. I did do some hardcore cross training Saturday morning and Monday night by playing basketball. Ok, not hardcore but it did include some running. After work today I was in charge of scouts as I am the Wolf/Bear den leader. We went for a 5 mile bike ride (which will probably be my slowest time for the next year). It took us a half hour. It was more like coasting then riding. I am borrowing a bike from my awesome father-in-law. It's a good bike that should give me some really good training on the roads over the next few months. Riding the bike today was really fun and I think I'm going to enjoy that part of the training the most. Which is wierd because it was the part I was most nervous about. Thanks to everyone for the great words of encouragement. I'm still way excited about it.
PS James - you CAN do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment