St. George Ironman

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Swimming Coach

I went to the gym today with my swimming coach (my lovely wife Kristal who has vast experience in swimming). It was all technique today. I worked on breathing on my left side (drank a lot of pool water today) and I finally started getting it towards the end of the workout. She also taught me how to do flip turns in the pool to increase speed. Yes, I got water up the nose a couple of times which is always a pleasant surprise. I was also running out of breath because I would exhale all my air trying not to get water up my nose. It is getting better with each attempt. Thank you Kristal for all your patience. I'm definitely learning alot from your help. I can tell I am cutting through the water faster. I'll start getting some pics up soon. We are doing the Midnight 5K next weekend which should be a fun run.

1 comment:

  1. I will be following you because I am doing the same thing. We have a site (365daytriathlon.wordpress.com) and are hoping to build a following and inspire others! Your going all out though, we are doing an XTERRA off road, the distances are half as long! You go man!

    ReplyDelete