St. George Ironman

Monday, May 3, 2010

And So It Begins.....

Ok.. so call me crazy or nuts but this is something I've been thinking about doing for a few years now. It is now official. I will be participating in the St. George Ironman on May 7, 2011. After watching the Ironman this last weekend I was kind of upset that I was not participating in it and decided right then that I would do it. I am so excited about it and started my training this morning by doing a 6 mile run from my house, up River Rd., down Mall Dr., up and over Foremaster Dr., and back to home. I had to get up at 5 and run because I had to be to work by 7. My excitement level is really high so it was easy to get up. I put my headphones on and the first song that played was "Dare to be Stupid" by Wierd Al Yankovich. I know... how appropriate is that?! Maybe I am daring to be stupid in my own way. Maybe it's something we should all try to do every once in a while. So.. I feel like I could do the swim and the run but I've never been real big into riding bikes so I'll have to do extra work in that area. This blog is mainly to keep me accountable to myself to help get in the best shape possible for race day. I hope you can all enjoy the journey with me as I make the trip over the next 365 days to becoming an Ironman.

1 comment:

  1. Mom thinks it should be called Crazyman rather than Ironman. But that is OK. We are all a little crazy at times in our lives. Do it great!

    ReplyDelete